Smile, It’s Natural – Facts About Smiles
A beautiful smile is a treasure. It helps you in every aspect of life from your social life to your work life. Smiles open doors, confuse an approaching frown, are contagious and release endorphins, making you feel better.
A beautiful smile changes how other people think of you, and more importantly, how you feel about yourself.
A beautiful smile allows you to express yourself and engage others more easily.
Here is a collection of statements made over time about smiles. Enjoy.
- When someone smiles in is universally known as an expression of happiness which is recognized by almost all cultures.
- A frown uses more muscles to contract and expand then a smile does.
- Smiling releases endorphins and makes us feel better, even when you fake a smile you can feel better.
- A person that smiles more is deemed to be more pleasant, sincere, attractive and more sociable then a on-smiling person.
- We are born with the ability to smile, it is not something that we copy. For instance, even blind babies are able to smile.
- Humans are able to differentiate between a real smile and a fake smile by seeing the difference in a persons eyes when they smile.
- Newborns tend to have more preference for a person with a smile then a person that is not smiling.
- It boosts your immune system: Smiling really can improve your physical health, too. Your body is more relaxed when you smile, which contributes to good health and a stronger immune system.
- Smiles are contagious: It€™s not just a saying: smiling really is contagious, scientists say. In a study conducted in Sweden, people had difficulty frowning when they looked at other subjects who were smiling, and their muscles twitched into smiles all on their own.
- We still smile at work: While we smile less at work than we do at home, 30% of subjects in a research study smiled five to 20 times a day, and 28% smiled over 20 times per day at the office.
- Smiling helps you get promoted: Smiles make a person seem more attractive, sociable and confident, and people who smile more are more likely to get a promotion.
- Smiles are the most easily recognizable facial expression: People can recognize smiles from up to 300 feet away, making it the most easily recognizable facial expression.
- Smiles are more attractive than makeup: A research study conducted by Orbit Complete discovered that 69% of people find women more attractive when they smile than when they are wearing makeup.
- Before you put on a frown, make absolutely sure there are no smiles available. ~Jim Beggs
- Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been. ~Mark Twain
- The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
- I’ve never seen a smiling face that was not beautiful. ~Author Unknown
So, be sure to smile at someone today, you will brighten both your days!
Smile, It’s Natural,