New ZOOM Whitening Experiment
Who does not want WHITER teeth?
This is my personal before and after photo – I tested the new in-office ZOOM laser whitening procedure to make sure it does not create too much sensitivity and gets the results we expect at Ideal Dentistry.
I began the procedure after all patients had left and it took just about 1 hour. Here is how it works:
- Your teeth are polished to remove any plaque and stain that could prevent the bleaching product from reaching the tooth. It’s minty and tastes good.
- A unique cheek retractor appliance is placed to give the operator access to all the teeth and gums. This was comfortable and I liked that the appliance actually kept my tongue out of the way.
- The gums are painted with a protective layer of material so that none of the whitening gel would touch them. This also was quick and painless.
- Lastly the teeth are painted with the whitening gel and the laser is placed close to your mouth and activated for 15 minutes. I literally nearly fell asleep a few times…
- After 15 minutes the gel is suctioned off and new gel is applied. This happens 3-4 times at 15 minute intervals. I did 3 but had literally ZERO sensitivity, and my teeth are so sensitive I can not eat cold fruit! I was impressed…which is hard to do.
- Last, everything in the mouth is removed – all the protective material on the gums. This was also no problem but the most challenging part – the material really does a good job protecting the gums!
Once everything is cleaned up you receive a tube of desensitizing gel in a tray that you wear for about 30 minutes. I did not feel I needed it but heck, it cannot hurt.
I am very happy with my results! Over the years I have used regular trays to whiten my teeth and it took forever and did cause me to have sensitive teeth. This new ZOOM procedure is amazing and we will offer it to our patients beginning next week!
If you would like awesome white teeth, call us today!